Sunday, June 30, 2013

Tourney Report: Reign of Teams - Team Tournament

I'm kinda late for this but anyway, this is probably gonna be the shortest tourney report ever in this blog. For those who are interested in the build I'm running , you can scroll down to the bottom of the post. No pics since phone died on me during the event. felt handicapped without it OTL

Date: 29 June 2013
Venue: Scape
Entry fee: none
Participants: too much to count lol
Doorgifts: PR packs (6-9)

*It was obvious that Leon Loh hates Eradicators due to the fact that he has so many G1 hate (Terricross/Corduroy/Heatnail etc)*

Team name: The Potato Mafia
Decks used:
Player 1: Leon Loh: Kagero [Dauntless/Inferno]
Player 2: Anwa: Narukami [GBD/VSD/DD]
PLayer 3: Chuan Zhi: Spike Brothers [DE/BED/JellyBeans/JuggMax]


Tourney Details under the cut

1st Match: 

Leon vs Gold Paladin (Liberator) X
Anwa vs Kagero(DOTE/DO) O
Chuan Zhi vs Narukami(GBD/VSD/DD) O

For my matchup: One doesn't not simply take the game when you managed to pull off a DOTE Persona blast. The opponent kept hitting my RGs with his VG, which was very weird imho. He was playing so conservatively to the point that I have 3 extra attacks in the span of 2 turns. I was at 1 damage when he was at 4. Overall, too many misplays for me to come back from behind.

For the second match, we met our friends in the team tournament. A bit unfortunate though :/

2nd Match:
Team Hat-Trick
 
Leon vs Sherwin - Narukami (GBD/VSD/DD) X
Anwa vs Andrew - Oracle Think Tank(Koko/CEO/MeteorBreak) O
Chuan Zhi vs Eugine(Jack of No Trade) - Kagero (Dauntless/Inferno/BFD) X

For my matchup, Andrew did not managed to pull enough triggers throughout the match. Quite unfortunate in his part. As for the matchup, it was easy to set up 20k columns to make powerful blows to Koko/CEO. As for my team-mates, they were rather unfortunate as Zhi was gradelocked at grade 0 while Leon did not managed to pull off his second Inferno Limit Break due to non-Seal Dragons in the Damage zone. Thus, our team's reign comes to an end here :(

Overall result: Scrub :[
Mood: OTL

Thankfully there was a cosplay event in the venue area as well to elevate my mood (SnK cosplay!!!) No Colossal titan cosplay though

After, that we observe the final round and stick around for the lucky draw. We didn't get any though. Double burn

---


Anyway,this is the deck that I piloted for the tournament. Quite standard with minor techs:

GBD/VSD/DD

2 Eradicator, Dragonic Descendent
4 Eradicator, Gauntlet Buster Dragon
2
Eradicator, Vowing Sword Dragon
-
4
Eradicator, Spark Rain Dragon
4 Fiendish Sword Eradicator, Cho-Ou

3 Dragonic Deathscythe
-
4
Eradicator,Wyvern Guard Guld
4
Eradicator, Demolition Dragon
4 Iron Blood
Eradicator,Shuki
1
Eradicator of the ceremonial Bonfire, Castor
1 Rising Phoenix
-
7 Crit 5 Draw 4 Heal (1 non-
Eradicator Draw trigger)
SVL Linchu

The fifth draw trigger works wonders for me. It also works for me as a booster for 11k units to create 16k columns. I tend to not play too many Rising phoenix due to the fact that I might face 13k VGs in the tourney. Overall, I am satisfied with this build.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment