Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Deck Profile: Narukami

Hi, Snake here and today ,I'll be sharing with you guys one of the more successful decks that I currently have. Honestly, Narukami isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but as of now, it'll still be overshadowed by Gold Paladins. Gotta wait for BT08

Narukami deck:

4 Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion
2 Djinn of the Lightning Flash
2 Breakthrough Dragon
-
4 Dragonic Deathscythe
4 Thunderstorm Dragoon
3 Demonic Dragon Berserker, Garuda
-
4 Red River Dragoon
4 Photon Bomber Wyvern
4 Wyvern Guard, Guld
2 Desert Gunner, Raien
-
4 Yellow Gem Carbuncle
4 Malevolent Djinn
4 Old Dragon Mage
4 Demonic Dragon Nymph, Seiobo
SV: Spark Kid Dragoon

I'll do a grade-by-grade explanation


Grade 3:
4 Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion
2 Djinn of the Lightning Flash
2 Breakthrough Dragon

I favour Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion over ThunderBreak Dragon mainly because of his 11000 defence and his cost-efficient Limit Break. Djinn serves as both a Vanguard and Rearguard unit due to his high-power output. I tried to play 4 DKV and 4 Djinn but it was not effective as I am forced to play many predictable plays due to Djinn's restriction. Thus, Breakthrough Dragon fills the spot after cutting down the Djinns. With 6 VG units, I have a high chance of riding a VG unit on my turn 3

Grade 2:
4 Dragonic Deathscythe
4 Thunderstorm Dragoon
3 Demonic Dragon Berserker, Garuda

Despite the counterblast conflict between Dragonic Deathscythe and Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion, I still run 4 Dragonic Deathscythe as I always have the choice of whether or not to activate Dragonic Deathscythe's effect. Moreover, there are match-ups whereby having the ability to retire key back-row units is much more important than retiring attackers. One such example would be a Dimension Police match-up. The rest of the slot is given to Garuda for it's unflipping ability.I don't see a need to run 4 Garuda as they would not be as effective late-game as they are early-game so I settled to 3.

Grade 1:
4 Red River Dragoon
4 Photon Bomber Wyvern
4 Wyvern Guard, Guld
2 Desert Gunner, Raien

I maximised the cards I feel that are important when it comes to Grade 1's. 4 perfect guards to handle dangerous stuff in the current meta and 4 Red River Dragoon for high-power setup at the Rearguards. 4 Photon Bomber Wyvern, probably the best 10k VG-booster in the game, to maximise my chances of drawing into it and to establish high-power setup at  the Vanguard. Best scenario would be Vermillion as Vangaurd, boosted by Photon Bomber, getting an 11000 defense and a 21000 power as Vanguard. Even when boosting the Rearguard, it establishes 18000 power lines with Breakthrough Dragon and Djinn of the Lightning Flash, just enough to effectively hit 13000 Vanguards. Raien is just there to fill in the remaining Grade 1 slots.

Grade 0:
4 Yellow Gem Carbuncle (CRIT)
4 Malevolent Djinn (CRIT)
4 Old Dragon Mage (DRAW)
4 Demonic Dragon Nymph, Seiobo (HEAL)
SV: Spark Kid Dragoon

Spark Kid over Saishin because Spark Kid offers stability in the Mulligan step. Furthermore, Saishin is not that effective imo with his Counterblast restriction. Other than that, it's just a standard Crit-oriented trigger setup.



Room for improvement?
I'll probably replace Raien for Riki. Seriously, I'd rather have a 20k setup than an ability that goes off once.

So far, the deck works fine with it's passive high-power output and retiring skills. The only difficult match-ups would be a mirror match or a match-up with a Kagero clan.

I can't wait for the new Narukami units in BT08.

Cheers,
Snake

2 Comments:

Charles John said...

Wow, your deck looks balance and ready for battle, I play Narukami too ^^

PsychoSnake said...

@Charles John

Thanks^^

Post a Comment